Time for a little update- I'm finally showing a bit and decided to take my first "bump" photo to document the progress. Baby is now the size of a lemon and I'm feeling much better as the first trimester comes to a close. I haven't had many "cravings" (mostly I've just not wanted to eat much, especially in the afternoons and evenings), but it seems like the one thing I do want is fruits. Apples have been particularly appealing and citrus fruit like oranges, clementines, and grapefruit as well.
We've started sharing the news with a few key individuals (my division chair and colleague Allison at work, our siblings and Great-Grandpa and Grandma Savre) and are thinking it might be time to let Noah and Micah in on the secret! Micah has actually been talking for months about "growing a baby" in HIS belly and lately has told me that he needs a baby to take care of so he can be a big brother like Noah. Needless to say, I think he will be excited. Noah is at such a sweet and caring stage and is so good to Micah, so it will be fun to see his reaction as well, especially now that he is old enough to really understand what this means.
No comments:
Post a Comment