Sunday, August 1, 2021

39 Weeks

 


This week has been a bit eventful. On Wednesday evening around 9:30 pm I started having some unpleasant symptoms- it started with blurry vision in half of my visual field, followed by nausea, a really severe headache, and tingling in one arm and around my lips. We tried to head to bed with a plan to set an alarm and check on me every so often, but I couldn’t sleep. The symptoms were a bit alarming because they align well with preeclampsia. Finally, at around midnight, I called the on call nurse at MAHEC. When I described how I was feeling she instructed me to head to the ER as quick as possible, which was a little anxiety inducing. We called our go to sitter, Kelsie Morgan. She came to stay at our house while Matthew took me to Transylvania hospital. 

The doctor there was far less concerned (almost annoyingly so- he was a poor listener and kept talking about “dizziness” which is not a symptom I reported). They checked blood pressure and urine protein and everything came back ok. After speaking with my regular doctor the next day, I now really think it may have been a migraine. The initial blurred vision sounds exactly like a migraine “aura”, and the next morning I also felt what is described as a “migraine hang over”. The sharp pain dissipated into more of a dull ache but if I bent over there was lots of pressure in that area of my head.

We got home around 3 am. The night prior Micah had been up all night with a cold, so we were feeling pretty run down. My parents decided to head our way a bit sooner than planned and came on Friday (they planned to arrive today, Sunday). This is a nice sense of security as they’re helping a lot to get us caught up and will be here whenever we go into labor. 

Now that Grandpa and Grandma are here, I’m really hopeful baby will come sometime this week! Feeling tired and sore and it’s been very hot here, but overall good and just excited to meet this baby. Top baby name choices at the moment are….

Boys : August, Eli, Grayson 

Girls: Selah, Isla, Autumn, Gracen 

No comments:

Post a Comment