![]() |
| Look at that sweet profile. |
Today I had my 20-week ultrasound at MAHEC OBGYN in Asheville. Dr. Ramsey requested I do a targeted ultrasound due to "advanced maternal age" (I'm 34, good grief!) just to make sure development was all on track. It was actually very fun. The facility was very nice, and I had almost an hour to just watch baby squirm and bounce around. The ultrasound tech was great- she narrated everything she was looking at and regularly updated me about things being all just right on track. The only small concern at this point was the position of the placenta. It is a bit closer to the cervix than desired, so this will require a recheck as the pregnancy progresses to ensure I don't develop placenta previa. I was reassured by both the tech and the doctor that the placenta often moves up as the pregnancy progresses, so more than likely the issue should resolve itself.

No comments:
Post a Comment